What is Autoclave Machine?
Autoclaves are also known as steam sterilizers and are typically used for healthcare or industrial applications. An autoclave is a machine that uses steam under pressure to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores on items that are placed inside a pressure vessel.
Types of Autoclaves
- Pressure cooker type or Laboratory bench autoclaves
- Gravity displacement type autoclave
- Positive pressure displacement type (B-type)
- Negative pressure displacement type (S-type)
Uses of autoclave
Autoclaves are important devices to ensure the sterilization of materials containing water as they cannot be sterilized by dry heat sterilization. Besides, autoclaves are used for various other purposes.
- They are used to decontaminate specific biological waste and sterilize media, instruments, and labware.
- Regulated medical waste that might contain bacteria, viruses, and other biological materials is recommended to be inactivated by autoclaving before disposal.
- In medical labs, autoclaves are used to sterilize medical equipment, glassware, surgical equipment, and medical wastes.
- Similarly, autoclaves are used for the sterilization of culture media, autoclavable containers, plastic tubes, and pipette tip.
How does an autoclaves work?
- Conditioning stage: Since air affects effective sterilization, this is eliminated from the pressure compartment. This is done during the conditioning stage. Steam circulates into the autoclave, dislodging the air inside the chamber.
- Exposure Stage: Once the air has been expelled from the chamber, the sterilizer drainage shuts, and steam is continually released into the vessel. This process quickly raises the internal pressure and temperature to a fixed value until the target duration is achieved.
- Exhaust Stage: This is the last stage of operation where the drain is released and the steam is expelled, which depressurizes the chamber and allows materials inside to dry.
Advantages of autoclaves
- Effective For Killing A Variety Of Microorganisms
- Safe Method Of Sterilizing
- Rapid Cycle Time
- Cost-Effective Method
- Better Than Chemicals
Where you buy autoclaves in BD?
You can buy autoclaves our Techno Health shop. These product are available our online and offline shop.