What is a patient bed?A patient bed is a medical device that provides a safe and comfortable place for patients to rest and recover. Patient beds are typically used in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings, but they can also be used in home healthcare.There are many different types of patient beds available, each with its own set of features and benefits. Some of the most common features of patient beds include:
- Adjustable height: This allows care givers to easily move patients in and out of bed.
- Adjustable headrest and footrest: This helps patients to find a comfortable position for sleeping, eating, or receiving medical care.
- Side rails: These rails help to prevent patients from falling out of bed.
- Overbed table: This table provides a surface for patients to eat, write, or use electronic devices.
- IV pole: This pole holds IV bags and other medical equipment.