What is PH meter?
PH meter is a electric device that used to measure hydrogen-ion activity (acidity or alkalinity) in water-based solution. Fundamentally, a ph meter consists of a voltmeter attached to a pH-responsive electrode and a reference (unvarying) electrode.
Types of PH meter
The most useful way to categories PH meter is into three types. These are pen testers, portable or handheld meters and benchtop meters.
What is PH meter used for?
A ph meter is a instrument used to measure hydrogen ion activity in solutions. This instrument measures acidity or alkalinity of a solution. The degree of hydrogen ion activity is ultimately expressed as PH level, which generally ranges from 1 to 14.
How do I calculate pH?
To calculate the ph of an aqueous solution you need to know the concentration of the hydronium ion in moles per liter (molarity). The ph is then calculated using the expression: pH- – log [H3O*]
Advantages of PH meter
- This is a first and simple process measurement of pH
- It gives accurate results and gives a precise pH value
- It is used for various types of applications
- It covers the acidic as well as an alkaline range of ph (pH 1 to 14)
- The user can calibrate it with the standard buffet solution (pH 07, pH 04 and pH 09.20)
- An additional advantage of the ph meter is that it is portable
- As compared to reading a color strip or a pH indicator, a pH meter provide very accurate results.
- A small battery-powered meter is a great choice while you are using it in a specific location.
Where you buy PH meter?
You can buy PH meter our Techno Health shop. These product are available our online and offline shop.